Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Why abstinance?- Marginal Kate topic

From: Alan Stonebridge <Alan.Stonebridge@durham.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 15:05:09 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Why abstinance?- Marginal Kate topic
To: "Mackay Jim - Kan. Av." <mackeyj@kan.marconi.ca>
cc: kate <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On Tue, 30 Jul 1996, Mackay Jim - Kan. Av. wrote:

> I find it hard to generate the
> emotional energy required to listen to it  and it seems offensive to try and
> listen casually.  Has anyone had this type of reaction to something of
> Kate's?

If I'm in a particularly happy mood I just can't get into "The Dreaming"
or "The Ninth Wave"... don't know why, but I understand what you mean
about it requiring a lot of energy. When I'm in that kind of mood, I
might listen to the TWW discs (mainly the 'bouncier' tracks like "Burning
Bridge") or TSW or TRS, but usually I get into the frame of mind where I
can't listen to any interesting music... I end up listening to commercial
stuff, like '80s soul, without really taking much notice of it all.

Alan.