Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Why abstinance?- Marginal Kate topic

From: "Mackay Jim - Kan. Av." <mackeyj@kan.marconi.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 09:22:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Why abstinance?- Marginal Kate topic
To: kate <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I was struck by what Len Bullard said about not listening to Kate for 4
years.  That seemed unusual for someone so active on the list over the last
year.  That started me thinking (slowly I haven't had my coffee yet) about
my own situation.  My favourite album for the last 20 years has been The
Who's "Quadrophenia" (apologies to those Kate fans who are singular in their
devotions) but I rarely listen to it.  I find it hard to generate the
emotional energy required to listen to it  and it seems offensive to try and
listen casually.  Has anyone had this type of reaction to something of
Kate's?

WJM (jmackay@kan.marconi.ca)

p.s. One day I'll relate the story of my abstinance from Kate!