Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisK *

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 22:26:26 -0700
Subject: MisK *
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Ken Glasson <xtr36595301@xtra.co.nz> says:

>Thanks to Vickie Mapes and Stev0. (Hope that's right, we must all trust
>in the almighty font and our beloved PC to present correct names.)

Don't forget to thank Uli, as present Keeper of the Sacred FAQ; IED
as the Bearer of All Things Katian, Bill as the one who Subscribes Us
All and protects us from Spam, and |>oug just because he's so darn cute.
There are dozens more (you know who you are) who should also stand
up and take a bow...

70604.3311@compuserve.com (Michael R. Abram) says

>Joan Armatrading, huh?  That's the first time I remember anyone
>making the association to Kate!  I've seen Joan perform on
>Saturday Night Live, but don't have any of her albums.  I know
>she's been around for twenty years, and I guess she deserves a
>closer look.

Y'know, I never thought of it, but it all makes sense.  Lotsa folks
say Happy Rhodes sounds like Kate.  They're wrong, of course,
but there is a number of them.  When *I* first heard Happy, I thought
she sounded just like Joan Armatrading!  So, if the Happy Army is
correct, that means Kate DOES sound just like Joan!

Allen Brunson <brunson@techcontrol.com> drools:

>Man, I've ALWAYS thought that.  TSW starts out so well; you think, Geez,
>Kate's really grown up a lot since the last album, then it's all
>downhill from there.  Personally I'm always really embarrassed for her
>when I hear "Deeper Understanding."  If she's really THAT clueless about
>computers, she shouldn't be writing about them.  TSW is in my opinion
>easily the worst Kate album.

Good point!  And since she's obviously clueless about murder and suicide,
she should have NEVER written "The Wedding List" (or the title cut
of "The Kick Inside", for that matter).   She's never robbed a bank, what
right does she to write "There goes a Tenner"! And since she's never drowned,
she should have NEVER written The Ninth Wave.

jdawson@chat.carleton.ca (Jan Dawson) asks:

>I read that she will never ever tour again...does anyone know /why/?

Actually, she DOES tour.  But here's how it goes - she only announces
the shows about ten minutes before they start.  No one is allowed in
the theatre where she's playing (that includes road crew).  And only on
Feb. 29th, during a full moon.

Bryan Dongray <btd@cray.com> remembers:

>Dennis Bergstrvm <the.crew@mbox300.swipnet.se> wrote:
>> I'm not sure whether my posting reached this newsgroup. If it did and
>> you've already read this I apologize!
>
>Yes it did, I remember about a year ago (14th July 95) you posted a 2Mb
>uuencoded PDF file, but had problems so you did it again!
>It was not well received. Sorry, ancient history.
>
>> I've made a screenplay based on The Ninth Wave.
>>
>> If you want to check it out please visit:
>> http://www.algonet.se/~rcma/dennis.htm
>
>Unfortunately, you don't have an HTML version of it, but the PDF
>version, luckily I still have my text version of it, which I submitted
>on Kate's birthday last year. I won't post it again (just refer to the
>archives) but for those who want to view it in a modern way, I have it
>both text and HTML:
>	http://home.cray.com/~btd/kate-bush/9thwave.txt
>	http://home.cray.com/~btd/kate-bush/9thwave.html
>if you're interested.
>
>Note: It's not a wonderful HTMLized version, but mostly ok.

Hey, can you post the screenplay *I* made, too?

- Stev0 the the

* - MisK is copyright IED, Novercia Email Subjects, Ltd.