Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Playing the numbers

From: Allen Brunson <brunson@techcontrol.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 20:49:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Playing the numbers
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Alexander --

> Tastes are really different... I think there is a lot of truth in
> "Deeper understanding" - of course it only shows the dangers involved
> with computers, but it's all true nevertheless - true maybe in far too
> many cases...

Hello, and thanks for letting me get in the debate even if I HAVEN'T
heard "The Dreaming" yet ....

I didn't make myself very clear.  I don't mind the "isolation" and "i've
chosen a bad thing to obsess on" themes of "Deeper Understanding."  It's
the DETAILS she gets wrong.  "I was loading a new program" -- uh huh,
lots of computer users say THAT ... and "press Execute" ... Um, let's
see, was it the Lisa that had an 'execute' key?  The Ti-99?  Can't seem
to remember ....  And naturally we HAVE to have the little synth-y beeps
and boops, *everybody* knows computers make those kinds of noises,
silly.  I don't watch TV, but if there was a video, let me guess: There
were rotating, spinning wireframe models on the screen.  Cliches,
cliches, cliches.

Allen
--
I don't trust you