Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Playing the numbers

From: Allen Brunson <brunson@techcontrol.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 13:00:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Playing the numbers
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Robert --

>  As for "The Sensual World", probably I'm in a minority, but the
> title song is the only thing on the whole album worth listening to,
> I think.  "Heads We're Dancing" and "Deeper Understanding" are just
> plain silly--I mean, songs about dating Hitler and falling in love
> with your computer? No, thanks. But the title song is worth the
> price of the album--one of the most purely sexual songs ever written,
> without being obvious and sleazy.  "Mmh, yessssssss!"

Man, I've ALWAYS thought that.  TSW starts out so well; you think, Geez,
Kate's really grown up a lot since the last album, then it's all
downhill from there.  Personally I'm always really embarrassed for her
when I hear "Deeper Understanding."  If she's really THAT clueless about
computers, she shouldn't be writing about them.  TSW is in my opinion
easily the worst Kate album.

I've still never heard "The Dreaming" yet, it's the one record they
never seem to stock in the stores, so I can't really formally join the
debate yet.

Allen
--
Note new e-mail address: brunson@techcontrol.com

Fill this hole, suck this soul
I'm the thing that I can't control   -- KMFDM