Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Songs I've been deprived of !

From: bjdohert@midway.uchicago.edu (hony soyt qui mal y pence)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 18:18:09 GMT
Subject: Re: Songs I've been deprived of !
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <2A84CFB7BF8@acadamh.ucd.ie>,
SEAN TWOMEY (ARCHAEOLOGY) PG <TWOMEYS@acadamh.ucd.ie> wrote:
>The only other Kate track not in my collection (for financial reasons
>also ! ) is Brazil .Any comments on this one ?

brazil is not as good as i thought it would be.  there isn't a climax in
the song so the listener is left hanging.  it doesn't compare to the
other versions of the song which are in the original style whereas
kate's is not (it is orchestral, the others are bossa nova).  her voice
seems muffled and drowned out by the music.  in all aspects, it almost
got it, but then it missed it entirely.

--
benjamin j doherty
b-doherty@uchicago.edu