Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Damage" (was Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #229)

From: Philip.Sainty@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Philip Sainty)
Date: 24 Jul 1996 08:02:12 GMT
Subject: "Damage" (was Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #229)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <960718190618_240747467@emout09.mail.aol.com>,
 <SamiT007@aol.com> wrote:
>>shock, tho!  Miranda Richardson (sen?) is wonderful!  anyone know of any
>>other stunning Richardsen performances?
>
>I think the most stellar performance of Richardson's that I have seen is in
>the movie "Damage" with Jeremy Irons, Rupert Graves and another beautiful
>lady who's name I can't recall right now.  Richardson has an amazing scene
>toward the end of the movie--don't miss it!

Eeek.

Miranda Richardson is a wonderful actress, but (IMO, obviously)
"Damage" is one of the worst films I have ever seen! (and given that
I _did_ go and see it because M.R. was in it, I can't recommend it,
even on that merit...)

ObKate: I saw the Comic Strip film "Les Dogs" a week or so back... the
        other time I'd seen it was on a really poor quality video tape,
        and it didn't make a great impression on me, but I rather enjoyed
        it this time around, and it was fun seeing Kate in a film :)

        Oh, and "This Woman's Work" is the most heart-wrenching video ever.

Philip
--
Philip Sainty            |  What are your dreams?               |  _O_   Am I