Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

This Woman's Work Box Set

From: nbanman@sunjapns.Japan.Sun.COM (Neil Banman - Application Eng. Tmp. Staff)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 15:35:28 +0900
Subject: This Woman's Work Box Set
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

	First off, I'm not subscribed, so please send any replies privately.

	I was wondering whether to purchase the This Woman's Work box set.
I currently have but three albums--Hounds of Love, The Sensual World, and The
Red Shoes, but I like (love) them well enough to know that I'll like the rest.
	I've been trying to get information about the set on the net, but I
haven't come up with much.  Entertainment Connection sells it for about $150,
which comes down to just under $20 a CD.  Since I already have two of the albums
in the set, the deal is even worse.  I could probably pick up the other four
(non-rarity) albums for about $50-60 for the lot, so essentially I'd be paying
about $100 for two CD's and what liner notes come with the set.
	So: a couple questions--

1.  Is it worth it?  I heard that the liner notes are minimal, and while the
rarities may be good, they *are* priced at a premium.

2.  Is there any place I could check out where the set would be cheaper?  I'm
at work, so I just checked out CDEurope, CDNow, Entertainment Connection, etc.
I've never seen the set in stores, though.

3.  Is there any way for me to pick up the rarities CD's separately?

Thanks in advance to anyone who might reply,
Neil

Chris: 1  Len: 1  Neil: unsubscribed