Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Dreaming...

From: SamiT007@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 00:16:23 -0400
Subject: Re: Dreaming...
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi to everyone out there in Gaffa-land!

I had a very nice dream last night.  I thought I'd share it with you all,
since it was so pleasant for me!

My sister and I suddenly found ourselves walking in a strange neighborhood in
England (we're from the U.S.)  "How did we get here?" we asked. (How did we
know it was England, I wonder now that I'm awake.)  "Oh well, it doesn't
matter," we agreed, "we may as well explore since we're here!"  The
neighborhood consisted of old brick mansions, most covered with layers of ivy
creeping up the walls and around the chimneys.  My sister and I stood in
front of one particularly quaint old home.  We agreed it was the most humble
of all the homes in the neighborhood, yet peculiarly, the most elegant and
beautiful.  As we stared at the picturesque house, the sun went behind a
cloud, shadows shifted and suddenly I could see through one of the upstairs
windows into a room.  A woman sat at her computer, staring at the screen very
intently, pausing only a moment or two to check the keyboard as she typed.
 As I looked at this woman, I suddenly realized who it was.  Some almighty
one had set me down in England smack dab in front of Kate Bush's home!  I
elbowed my sister, pointed toward the ivy-bordered window and said, "Look!
Kate!"  Just as I was pointing, the object of my fascination looked out of
the window and caught me pointing and staring at her.  Feeling a little
foolish for looking like a silly tourist or crazed fan, I fumbled an meager
wave in her direction which I hoped would indicate to her that I wasn't crazy
or silly.  I hoped she would see that I felt a little foolish. Kate didn't
move, she just kept looking at us.  After an unbearable eternity (probably
only five seconds) she raised her hand in a polite return wave to us.  I
smiled and my sister and I began to walk back the way we had come.  As we
walked along the street, past the shrubbery dividing Kate's yard from her
next-door neighbor's yard, I heard a creaking sound coming from her house
behind us.  Turning my head, I saw Kate opening a window up on the second
floor.  She stuck her head out, waving frantically at us.  She didn't say a
word.  Then she disappeared back inside her house.  My sister and I stood
there waiting, not knowing what to do or what to expect.  As we waited, a
side door to her house opened, and out stepped Kate.  She had cut her hair to
just below shoulder-length and wore it clipped back behind each ear with
little plastic barrettes.  Her outfit was quite frumpy--like my mother used
to wear back in 1982--a pale blue short sleeved plain shirt with a pocket
over one breast tucked into a light blue skirt which was just a tad darker
than her shirt.  Despite her plain garb, she looked ever the goddess.  She
wore no shoes.  How humble were her small feet!  She took a few steps out of
the door into her yard.  Without looking, she kicked aside a couple of stray
leaves as she walked.  Then she stopped.  She looked at us.  The leaves in
the treetops above us rustled softly as the wind spread itself through them.
 We looked at Kate.  She held her hands together in front of her, like a
curious, yet cautious little girl.  She looked as if she were going to
suddenly begin running toward us, as if she hadn't seen a single person in
months.  But I was wrong.  She slowly turned around, walked inside the house
and silently shut the door.  The moment we heard the lock in the door click,
the wind stopped, the leaves quit rustling and everything was silent.
 Nothing moved.  All was still. We knew we had just had an encounter with a
god.  We turned back and continued on our way.

Anyway, there was more after that but it was all crazy weird dreamtime stuff.

Thanks for letting me rant and rave about this wonderful dream!  There was
something so mysterious, enigmatic and eternal about this dream.  Thanks for
letting me remember it again in all the glorious detail!

Merry Katemas!
~~~Samantha