Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Midi Files

From: Bryan Dongray <btd@cray.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 12:13:51 -0500
Subject: Re: Kate Midi Files
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Len Bullard wrote:
> Unless Bryan Dongray or Mr. Wentz object,
> I am adding an audio link to my KateWorlds
> page to let people listen to Bryan's
> fine midi renditions of kate's songs
> as they cruise the VRML worlds.

No problem with me, what a great idea. Do you have all the
available (as far as I can find) MIDIs though? You should have:
	Army Dreamers
	Babooska
	Cloudbusting
	December Will Be Magic
	Under Ice
	Wuthering Heights
but don't use my attempt at Wuthering Heights, which I did not complete,
since I found off the net a "Pat Benetar" version, OK the SeqName did
include Kate, but I think this was done by a Benetar fan. It's really good.

Go get them at:
	http://home.cray.com/~btd/midi.html
there are a few others too, eg my Tori ones.
I give the sizes (in kbytes) and duration of track (minutes & seconds)
so hopefully that will help out.

> I used wavs of Kate, but they are just
> TOO DAMM BIG for the web.

I know. But you really need a good soundcard (ie one with a wavetable)
to hear MIDIs in any reasonable fashion, computer generated instruments
are often a bit awkward, and if many MIDI channels are used, there can be
loss of some tracks by the converter. True MIDI soundcards are excellent.

			Bryan Dongray