Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Holly Cole and Spam

From: kln@a.crl.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 16:01:17 -0700
Subject: Holly Cole and Spam
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

No, these two topics have nought to do with each other.

Since Vickie noted my mention of Holly Cole, but no-one else has listed her
among current listens, I'd like to put in a good word for her.  While none of
her works is original composition (as far as I can see) her interpretations of
old standards such as "On the Street Where you Live" and "Que Sera Sera" are
wonderful, demented, beautiful, and fey.  She also picks up the occasional
neglected song such as Disney's "Trust in Me" from the Jungle Book animated
film, and makes it sound like an old jazz standby.  Very fun!

I'd like to thank Bill and crew for ending the spamfest.  We've been several
months without and I think that calls for kudos, or perhaps eggs, toast, spam
and pancakes . . . or maybe spam, spam, eggs and spam.  Washed down with
Fruitopia.  Okay, so that's really gross. But the thanks are sincere.

Karen  kln@a.crl.com