Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Top Five Faves

From: mfgr@bart.nl (Marcel Rijs)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 20:26:50 -0100
Subject: Re: Top Five Faves
To: Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin)
Cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>--- Marcel Rijs wrote:
>6. Happy Rhodes (She's been mentioned a few times on this list recently.
>Upon hearing "Feed the fire" two years ago, I immediately was convinced. She
>should be ultra famous!! Why isn't she?!?!?)
>--- end of quoted material ---
>Why Isn't she "ultra-famous" ?
>
>  1.   Small record label (independent).    Limited distribution
>  2.   Probably the record company execs. think that she sounds a little
>       too much like Kate....and massive exposure would only receive bad
>       critics  "she's a Kate-wanna-be".  And that would be bad for business...
>  3.   very little airplay
>
>peace
>
>ron

Yeah, I know, I know, but...
_Why_ isn't she??? In this net-connected world there should at least be some
people smart enough to realise that Happy is "good material"? As for ltd.
distribution.... I can buy her CD's here in Holland. Admittedly it _is_ only
one shop but they get it from a wholesaler in Amsterdam, so I think the
distribution couldn't be too much of a problem. (Although I hear her US
distribution is a bit more problematic.)

O well I guess I'm a little naive in these things.... :)

Greetings,
** Marcel F G Rijs - "Conan the librarian"
** Internet: mfgr@bart.nl              CIS: 100276,2176
** WWW:  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/marcel
** Order the Tori Amos Covered CD.. NOW!(Email for info)