Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Exciting American Music

From: jpp@ecf.toronto.edu (Jason Pilon)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 14:17:51 -0400
Subject: Exciting American Music
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Fake-Sender: news@ecf.toronto.edu (News Administrator)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

<10mm@mbay.net> wrote:
> nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk (Neil Calton) wrote:
>
>>I could compare them with exciting young groups from the USA.
>>Oh, I forgot, there aren't any!

>Granted, none of these are considered "great" per se (except possibly
>Mathew Sweet--purely crafted pop), So I almost have to agree with your
>
>estimation of "exciting young groups in the USA" :~<

One day, and I do hope it comes very soon, there will be lots of talk
about a young group from the USA called Ben Folds Five.

Wait for it.

Or, if you're an impatient cuss like I am, go out and buy their debut
self-titled album and hear for yourself.

I'll not clutter a Kate Bush newsgroup/mailing list with lots of raving,
so if anyone wants more information, drop me a line.

jason

PS - some other excitement in American pop music:  Jack Logan, Sixteen
Horsepower, Morphine.  None of whom, I don't expect, will make a huge
impact worldwide, but all of whom are very worthy of praise as well.
--
____/\/\____/\/\__/\/\_/\/\__/\/\_Toronto, Ontario______borders on the_