Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hi Love-Hounds !!!

From: Gonzalo Balerdi <gonzalo@startel.com.ar>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 22:23:59 -0300
Subject: Hi Love-Hounds !!!
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hello friends...

Before I introduce myself, let me tell you a story:

Ten years ago, while visiting a friend of mine, I came across a CD somebody
had brought her form England. It had a photo of a pretty girl on the cover.
"Who is she?", I asked. "I don't know" she replied ,"but take it, I don't
like it, It's kinda weird".
So I took the CD home with me. Before I had listened to it completely, I
knew I was hooked forever: This girl had something unique; she was an angel
and a witch at the same time. She sounded like heaven, and it thrilled me
like hell.
The CD was "Hounds of Love", and the girl was Kate. And I love her ever
since.  God, now I had to get all her albums!!! Stores carried mostly tapes
and vinyl at the time here, so I whenever someone I knew travelled to the
States I 'd ask him to bring me new CDs.
So soon I had all her albums. But now I needed all the rare stuff I could
get!!! ( unfortunatly, that's very hard to get around here, although the Net
has helped)  :-)

So now, this is me: Gonzalo Balerdi, born 27 years ago in Buenos Aires,
Argentina. Kate lover.
( If you want to know more about me, you can check
http://www.startel.com.ar/gonza/ .I've got some Kate links there also, the
only ones in Argentina :) )

I've been reading Love-Hounds for a few days now, so I can give you my list.
I like all kinds of music. To give you a top 5 would be imposible. So here
are my constants...

Kate Bush, Prince ( sharing first place - greatest composers on earth !!!)
Arcadia, Duran Duran ( up to "Arena" - long live the 80's !!)

and then...
Jean Michelle Jarre, Laurie Anderson, Marillion, Pink Floyd, Mavis Staples,
Peter Gabriel ( up to "So"), Styx, Bjork, Robert Cray, Nick Cave, Front 242,
Mike Oldfield, Queen ( up to "The Game"), George Michael, Charly Garcia, Don
Cornelio y la Zona, Soda Stereo ( last 3: Argentines)

Books: all by Kurt Vonnegut

I am very curious about this girl Happy Rhodes. Never heard of her before,
and I won't find her records here. Could anyone recommend me which of her
records I should start with ??

Last thing: Question. I've got a pirate CD of some Kate's live performances.
There's a song I love, that she sings with a guy, and it goes like this: "Do
bears ... sha la la la... in the woods ??". Can anybody tell me more about
this song? Who is the guy? Who wrote the song? Is there a studio version
around? and whatever ...

OK, I hope this mail is not too loooonnggg. I'll try to make it shorter next
time ;-). Just wanted to say hello.

Thanx a lot...

                Gonzalo
                gonzalo@startel.com.ar