Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Zoo Review

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 11:42:24 -0700
Subject: New Zoo Review
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

About a week ago I reviewed a relatively new Kate web site:

http://www.ifi.uio.no/~jonl/kbindex.html

I was pretty harsh with it for using Frames (although not as
harsh as I SHOULD have been - but I felt generous, after all,
it IS about Kate).

Anyway, it looks like the Frames were (mostly) taken off (yaay!),
and what is left is a pretty good resource.

An almost-complete set of album lyrics (using Frames - grrrrr!),
a quick-n-dirty (yet effective) version of the FAQ, and one of the
better link pages I've seen, including links to pages I wasn't
aware of and had never seen before.

The highlight of the page, however, are some screen captures
done of various Kate videos, taken from the Kate CD-ROM
(which I personally would sell my soul to get a copy of).  While
most screen captures I've seen are pretty weak, Jon-Terje, the
webmaster, did an outstanding job with these.  These pix alone
make this a recommended site by yours truly.

Grade: *** (three stars out of four).

- Stev0 the cellular

"I'm PIXELATED, Sam!  It's BETTER than cellular!"
 - Max