Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Shoedancing

From: nth-wave@easynet.co.uk (Dave Watkins)
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 19:46:59 -0300
Subject: Shoedancing
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>Why does everyone bag TRS? Sure it's not one of KB's best albums, like
>TKI, HOL or NFE, but it is certainly worth owning. It is perhaps more
>like LH :- a transition album.  Even at her most mediocore she shows
>"moments" of genious.
>
>And what is "shoedance"? The version I have only includes 12 tracks.
>
>I Think the best tracks on TRS are:
>
>And So is love,
>Songs of Soloman,
>Lily,
>Top of the City,
>Constellation of the heart,
>Why should I love you.
>
>Cheers Mates!!
>David

I wasn't bagging "TRS", I was just trying to justify some of the criticism
aimed at it.  As I said I rather like the album. It's definitely not one of
my least favourite albums, TD qualififes for that position (sorry, couldn't
resist - any oppurtunity)
BTW, Shoedance is a single  on The Red Shoes 2 CD single set.  It's a dance
mix, taking some elements from TLTCATC i.e Miranda Richardson's voice and
mixing them altogether for about 11 minutes, I think.

See ya

Dave

PS someone on the list recently said that Kate is hesitant to make another
album because of the criticism TRS recieved (or something like that).  Is
this really true?  I hope not.