Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

HOL/TNW

From: Alan Stonebridge <Alan.Stonebridge@durham.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 20:18:48 +0100 (BST)
Subject: HOL/TNW
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

This has occurred to me several times - if Kate had recorded the film of
"The Ninth Wave", the only track on the entire HOL album without a video
would have been "Mother Stands For Comfort". Surely, if the film had been
made, EMI would have released some of the tracks as singles, and then
there would have been lots of promotion - and even better, HOL would have
been an even more important album for the history of music. But no,
instead EMI decided to take the opportunity to release TWS - while I have
no problems with this, because it was one of the albums which first
introduced me to Kate's work (as well as the single "This Woman's Work"
and the album "The Red Shoes") I feel it shouldn't have been released so
soon after HOL. Plus, I think it would have been better with some
none-single related content or some 'rarities' like "December..." or "Ne
T'En Fui Pas". Oh well, I guess there's no point moping, but I just wish
TNW had been filmed - it can give so much enjoyment in so little time
that I am still amazed by it years after first hearing it.

Alan.