Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Common Ground

From: Alan Stonebridge <Alan.Stonebridge@durham.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 20:13:15 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Common Ground
To: "David W. Sundvall" <dsundvall@worldnet.att.net>
cc: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On Sat, 1 Jun 1996, David W. Sundvall wrote:

> But, why can't we get things more quickly in this great country we call
> America?

Personally, I hate it when record companies have different international
release dates, and what I hate even more is when something isn't
available in a certain country - it seems so unfair that this happens,
both to the existing fans (who have to buy imports which are often
expensive), the people who are potential fans (and miss out on great work
because of it - I remember an interview where Kate said she regretted
renaming "A Deal With God" to "Running Up That Hill", but maybe, with
regard to this point, she made a good decision after all). Finally, I
feel it is also unfair to the artists who put so much of their time and
effort into making albums, and they are simply not released in a certain
country, be it for ANY reason.

Alan.