Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

best-n-barf

From: Kelley.Hays-Gilpin@nau.edu
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 21:39:02 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: best-n-barf
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I love best and worst lists, but think I'm failing the quiz here--
can't seem to cram 5 into either category.  My best try--
1.  Cloudbusting--the first Kate song for me, and I loved the video.
We in Arizona have a soft spot for Wilhelm Reich, too--he was concerned
about groundwater pollution in Tucson 30 years before anybody else (
the military was flying planes thru radioactive clouds following bomb
tests, then washing the planes in Tucson, letting the watter trickle
into the ground).
2.  Love and Anger--when I was really, really depressed a few years
ago, it just kept rattling thru my head (if you can't tell your
sister, if you can't tell a priest, can you tell it to your heart)
till I got help.
3.  The 9th Wave.  All of it.  (see? I can't follow the rules on this)
4.  The Dreaming.
4.  The Dreaming (if I did that twice it was my usenet reader program,
sorry.  Because "the pull of the bush" is something we have around here
too--the native spiritual connection to the land, the desert).
5.  Them Heavy People
6.  The Kick Inside

Worst:
1.  Between a Man and a Woman
2. Heads We're Dancing
3. Top of the City
4.  Why should I love you
5.  You're the One
(hey!  I found five!  not fair, though, I'd should give "Lionheart"
another listen...)

cheers,
Kelley

p.s. what is "The Lord of the Reedy River" or something like that,
on somebody
's worst list--where and when did that appear?