Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Barf the Music

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 23:28:40 -0700
Subject: Barf the Music
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

So we have the annual "What are your favorite KateSongs" thread,
eh?  So I guess that means it's time to trot out that old thread,
"What are your LEAST favorite KateSongs".  Since there's really
nothing new, these are more or less the same as last year.

1.  Y should I love U?
OK, first of all you can't blame The Artist Formely Known as
Whathisname on this piece of MOR crap.  Kate is the one in charge
of what goes on - or doesn't go on - her albums.  Ask the EMI executives
who didn't want Wuthering Heights as her first single if you don't believe
me.  I *STILL* think it sounds like Lionel Ritchie, only worse.

2.  Hounds of Love - Remix
"Run Run Run Run Run Run Honey" - sounds like a goddamn excercise
tape.

3. Fullhouse/In the Warm Room - either one of these songs just would be
considered a lesser Kate work.  But putting them back to back just makes
me fall asleep. Too bad; I LIKE Kashka from Baghdad, but always
find myself waking up in the middle of it.

4.  Eat the Music - Remix.
Amnesty International is fighting to make this song illegal since many
countries are using it as a form of torture.  I LIKE the short version,
actually.
But making it seven times as long does NOT make it seven times better.

5.  Jig of Life
Too bad.  This one could easily make my list of MOST favorite KateSongs.
But Jay - the Ed Wood of Poetry - has to ruin it.  It's as if someone took
a dump on the Mona Lisa.

- Stev0 the brutal

"There once was a man from Nantucket"
 - The first line of Jay's best poem to date