Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: more strange translations

From: Mike Dale <mikedale@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 23:10:57 -0700
Subject: Re: more strange translations
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

This has nothing to do with Kate Bush but I think it's funny anyway.  I
heard somewhere that the English subtitles to the Indian film version of
Shakespeare's "Hamlet", when it gets to the "To be or not to be..." part
goes like this: "Shall I live, or do myself in..."

My favourite Kate song is...I'm not sure.  Maybe "Experiment IV" or
"Cloudbusting" or "Wow!" or ...BTW, does anyone remember the original
filmclip for "Wow!"?  I think it may have been censored - something to do
 with when the song gets to the part about "...hitting the vaseline."

Mike