Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hello Earth - the opening message

From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Wed, 01 May 1996 10:30:26 -0100
Subject: Hello Earth - the opening message
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

1. voice: "Well, we're now at nine times the speed of sound."
2. voice: "Roger that, Dan, I've got a solid TACAN * locked on, uh,
           TACAN two and three."
3. voice: "The, uh, tracking data, map data and pre-planned
           trajectory are all one line on the block"
4. voice: "Show your block decode..."

Some normally very reliable love-hounds pretend to hear
"Columbia now at ..." for the first voice.

This IS WRONG!!! (IMHO)
It's what I've written above! (IMHO)
Jump back with |<< to the beginning several times and you can hear it very
clearly (I hope).
To make sure: I hear this on the UK-CD! :-)

Best wishes
    Wieland

("Roger that, Dan, there's no Columbia far and wide. This is Nostromo
  speaking...")