Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TWW particulars?

From: spike45@sos.sos.net (monroe/fisher)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 18:48:18 -0700
Subject: Re: TWW particulars?
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Pam wrote:
>I've been oogling the This Woman's Work box at my local disc emporium - and
>I'm curious how much the box usually goes for? The asking price of $170
>seems like a lot.

I paid $165 and that was years ago. It does seem high, but it was not
released in the US, and imports are always more expensive.

Pam:
>I'm also wondering if it is difficult to find the box set (so I should buy
>it no matter how much it costs)? And fineally, does it hold haunting tracks
>that a Kate fan should not live without hearing?

Well it depends on what you already have. Besides tKI thru tSW there are 2
cds TWW I & II. I think everything on Vol. I & II was available elswhere,
but I'm sure most of it would be very hard to find. Here are the songs:

TWW Vol. I

1. The Empty Bullring
2. Ran Tan Waltz
3. Passing Through Air
4. December Will Be Magic Again
5. Warm and Soothing
6. Lord of Reedy River
7. Ne T`En Fui Pas
8. Un Baiser D`Enfant (The Infant Kiss)
9. UNDER THE IVY
10. Burning Bridge
11. My Lagan Love
12. The Handsome Cabin Boy
13. Not This Time
14. Walk Straight Down The Middle
15. Be Kind to My Mistakes

I purchased the Box for Under the Ivy. I already had it but only on 45rpm
(terrible pressing) It is my all time favorite song by anybody. I had never
heard DWBMA (was never able to find it). One of Kates best. Lord of Reedy
River IMO is the best cover KT has ever done. Water droplets and wonderful
wispy & eerie background vocals. Ne T`En Fui Pas is great too.

Vol. II

1. I'm Still Waiting
2. Ken
3. One Last Look Around The House Before We Go
4. Wuthering Heights (New Vocal)
5. Experiment IV
6. Them Heavy People
7. Don't Push You Foot on the Heartbrake (?)
8. James and the Cold Gun
9. L`Amour Looks Something Like You
10. Running Up That Hill
11. Cloudbusting (The Organon Mix)
12. Hounds of Love (Alternative)
13. The Big Sky (Meteorological Mix)
14. Experiment IV (12" Mix)

Again everything here was available elsewhere. Tracks 6-9 are from Live at
Hammersmith but L`Amour is not on the video. The (?) after Heartbrake is
because of the misprint. Should be Heartache, as someone here mentioned
recently.

So get it. You must have it.

Hope this helps.
Wayne