Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

it's gaelic to me

From: JWWARREN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 02:20:52 -0400
Subject: it's gaelic to me
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Some news from my new ICE Newsletter (Int'l CD Exchange, a newsletter dealing
w/ upcoming releases) :

A new album of put together by Irish producer/performer Donal Lunny, called
_Common Ground_, due May 28, w/ new songs by Kate Bush, U2's Bono and Adam
Clayton, and Sinead O'Connor, among others. It says  "Kate Bush's
contribution is the only track she plans to record this year, or next"
 (((why, oh why?)))... she performs the song "Mna Na h'Elreann" in gaelic.
Sinead does "On Ragland Road." Other artists are Clannad's Maire Brennan,
Neil and Timm Finn, Elvis Costello, and others. The article also mentions EMI
plans to released an "enhanced CD" in Sept, w/ video footage, translations of
the gaelic, etc.

April 30 a new soundtrack: _The Craft_ (a movie about witchcraft). Unreleased
songs by a bunch of people, incl. Jewel, and also unreleased cover songs
including (!!!!) Heather Nova performing Peter Gabriel's "I Have the Touch"

It also mentions that Tori Amos contributes a track to the new movie
_Twister_. Evidently, she recorded the new "tornado" mix of "Talula" w/ BT,
and then BT's manager knew the guy compiling the soundtrack to the movie. It
is, though, no doubt the same mix/song as the one that already appeared as a
single.

John Warren