Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hello Earth, the messages

From: Wieland Willker <willker@slater.chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 15:23:02 +0200
Subject: Re: Hello Earth, the messages
To: rec-music-gaffa@news.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Bryan Dongray wrote:

> > The "Hello Earth" opening message:
> >
> > 1. voice: "Well, we're now at nine times the speed of sound."
> > 2. voice: "Roger that, Dan, I've got a solid TACAN locked on, uh,
> >            TACAN two and three."
> > 3. voice: "The, uh, tracking data, map data and pre-planned
> >            trajectory are all one line on the block"
> > 4. voice: "Show your block decode..."
>
> Sorry, but in line 1 I always used to hear:
>         Travelling now at ...
> So I checked out my lyrics, and have:
>         Columbia now at ...
> which makes MUCH more sense, and I hear that now my ears are tuned in.

I know about "Columbia" and it makes sense, but I can't hear it clearly. To
me it sounds more like "Well, we're.." or, yes "Travelling.." Can you ALL
hear "Columbia" clearly?

> PS I corrected these lines in my lyrics (and my web page).
> I've also fixed my web references to the singles there too.
> If you've no clue what I'm talking about check out:
>         http://home.cray.com/~btd/kate-bush
> if you can.

I strongly recommend that!
You can find such treasures like:

Night Scented Stock
        Ah-ah-ah ah [repeat 6 times]
        ahh
        Ah-ah-ah ah
        Ah-ah-ah ah
        ooh
        ohh-oh-ohhh [repeat 6 times]

Never transcribed before!!!
Very accurately done!

("Roger that, Dan, they are completely mad here...")