Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: And now its time that I must go

From: chrisw@miso.wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 96 09:07:52 GMT
Subject: Re: And now its time that I must go
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

>On Fri, 19 Apr 1996, Stuart M. Castergine wrote:
>
>> Chris n' Vickie were a team of Mimes who only stopped here because
>> they heard we occasionally discussed Lindsey Kemp on the list. They
>> were never able to leave. At least they've stopped doing those silly
>> ascii pictures of "Mime Walking against the Wind" and such. I hated
>> those.
>
>Hey! We weren't "mimes" (ptooey!), we were "performance artists."
>You'd better take that back or we'll sue you for defamation of
>character! And you're confusing our ascii art (which depicted
>Lindsey's famous "masturbation" scene from _Flowers_) with
>someone else's.

   I'd like to take this rather silly moment to mention a wonderfully
circular example of the way things can sometimes work...

   I picked up a used copy of the book "Castaway" by Lucy Irvine.

   "Castaway" was made into a movie starring Amanda Donahoe.

   Kate's song "Be Kind To My Mistakes" was written for the movie
"Castaway".

   Kate's mime teacher Lindsey Kemp appeared in the film "The
Wicker Man" as the Innkeeper of the Inn on Summerisle.

   Lucy Irvine's father is the Innkeeper of the Inn on Summerisle.

   So, Lindsey Kemp, Kate's teacher, was the innkeeper; the
Innkeeper's Daughter (a song in the film "The Wicker Man")
was Lucy Irvine, who wrote a book that was made into a film
that Kate wrote a song for.

   I just love the structure of it. Lindsey has appeared in only
four films including TL,TC&TC. His most famous appearance
was playing a fictionalized version of a real person. The daughter
of the real person created something that Kate contributed
to.

   It doesn't actually mean anything, but it's a fun thing.

   BTW, Kate has a "Bacon Number" of three, quite aside from
writing the song "This Woman's Work" for "She's Having A
Baby" (starring Kevin Bacon.) Here's the Bacon path for Kate:

Kate Bush was in _The Line, The Cross & The Curve_ (1993) with
Miranda Richardson.

Miranda Richardson was in _The Evening Star_ (1996) with Jack Nicholson.

Jack Nicholson was in _A Few Good Men_ (1992) with Bacon, Kevin.

   KB to KB in 3.

   For more information about "The Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon", check
The Oracle of Bacon at Virgina http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~bct7m/bacon.html

   Actually, the Bacon connection can be even shorter, if you consider
"Cloudbusting" with Donald Sutherland (who was in JFK with Kevin Bacon.)