Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Coming out of the Shawdows

From: mplskyle@aol.com (MPLSkyle)
Date: 6 Apr 1996 16:25:47 -0500
Subject: Coming out of the Shawdows
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi all, I thought it was about time to stop lurking & introduce
myself......

(i feel like i'm at an AA meeting)
Hi my name is Kyle & i've been addicted to KaTe for 9 years (wow, i didn't
relize it was that long).  i first heard KaTe while playing D&D in college
under the influence of ALOT of mind altering liquids.  i promptly fell
into a KaTe induced coma (i've yet to fully recover) & offered (drunkly..)
my friend Kris $500.00 for a copy of the tape (lionheart with TKI on the
other side).  thankfully (and much to the releif of my checkbook the next
day), Kris offered to give me a copy of the tape.  from that point on -
i've been completly lost in the forest of magic that is Kate's sensual
world......  Kris made me tapes of the disks out to that point & the
moment a new one was released (TSW, as if you all didn't know) i rushed to
the record store & had my first "NEW" KaTe experience.  ahhh Heaven!  in
the summer of '90 i forked out 173.98 (can't beleive i remember how much
$$ to the penny) for the Japanease Box TWW (pretty much just for the two
extra disks & the lyrics [damn her american record company to hell for not
providing us with the original artwork & words]).  i've since speant alot
of pennies for anything KaTe i could get my greedy little hands on
(woefully, there is not alot to be found,Pre-TSW in Minneapolis).  so
thats my story..........  seldom does a week go by that i don't listen to
a KaTe track..... (and as M. Stewart would say "And thats a GOOD thing).

a request;  you all seem so nice, i wonder if anyone might be willing to
provide me a copy of the Demos & of the videos pre TSW?  i of course would
pay postage & tape prices as well as a little something for your
trouble...  any takers, feel free to e-mail me at; MPLSkyle&aol.com.
thanks in advance.

a small background check of me....... there are three artists i would do
anthing for:  KaTe (big surprise i know), Peter Gabriel & Prince/O(+>.
luckily, i have some disposable income to fork out for the rarities of
these three geniuses so my collection tends to grow constently.  other
artists i love; Siouxsie, BABBLE, Lloyd Cole, Concrete Blonde, Jane Child,
Toni Childs & early Tori (pretty much all of little earthquakes & half of
under the pink - i can't get past the picture of Tori & BABE in the liners
for the new one.....)  my musical tastes are pretty far reaching & spend a
obscene amount of time listening to and collecting music.  i look forward
to hearing more about all of your favorites (like Jane Siberry.....When i
was a Boy is so beautiful).

one more question for all of you......am i the only one who LOVES TSW?????
 HOL & The Dreaming are absolutly wonderful records, but TSW - man that
record just stops me dead in my tracks everytime i hear it.....

well thats it for now - thank you Rec.Music.Gaffa for being here and
alowing me an outlet for my KaTe ramblings........

....This moment in time, it doesn't belong to me....
Kyle

p.s. TD is a really great record to play D&D too....