Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Coming out of the Shawdows

From: vanx3139@mach1.wlu.ca (Dusen Van u)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 00:47:25 GMT
Subject: Re: Coming out of the Shawdows
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

It took me a little while to figure out your abbreviations. Call me silly
but HOL and TSW are on the same album. I like TSW quite a bit but I think
my favourite is still The Dreaming. I don't like Red Shoes which makes
this a completely sacreligious comment on this newsgroup. I see that we
have a lot of artists that we like in common. What's with mr symbol man,
or should I call him, tafkap? I like Lloyd Cole. Have any recomendations
on his solo work? I have to agree with you on Amos, liked her earlier
work. The new stuff does not impress me. Jane Siberry is quite good, have
her last 4. A local artist is Loreena McKennit. She lives in Stratford
which is a hop, skip and jump from Waterloo, Canada. She is quite good.
Her music quite a mixture: mostly harp, Celtic and Arabic rhythms. She
likes to sing about mystical topics. I recommend her. Enough of my
ramblings welcome aboard.
I never introduced myself either. As you can see from the bottom, I go to
school. I have been listening to Kate since her 3rd album which was the
same time I got in Peter Gabriel. I unfortunately do not have any money
to invest in memoribilia and only have her studio stuff on cd plus some
of her videos and interveiws taped off of muchmusic-Canada. I have a live
ep on record, I think it's called Live at Hammersmith but I can't
remember. I had to leave my records in Ottawa. I should say that Red
Shoes is the only exception. I was not moved to buy this one.
Before I go, you should check out Laurie Anderson, she's really cool!
--
Eric Van Dusen
Religion and Culture, Wilfrid Laurier University