Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Q: "Sand" picture

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 96 16:13:34 +0100
Subject: Q: "Sand" picture
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi,

of Kate's record covers, I think the most fascinating one is the
"Sand through the hands" picture, found on "The Sensual World" single
and the "Aspects of..." EP. When I saw it for the first time, I had
a strange feeling that I've seen something like this before...

Does anybody know if it was inspired by a classical painting or
film? Or is it Kate's answer to Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" comic?

On various web sites I've seen two more pictures that are probably
from the same photo session: on one She's holding a peach, on the other
some pebbles (<- but I've forgotten where I found this one).
Where were these published originally? Are there any more?

bye, Rolf

==
The Beatles may have been bigger than Jesus, but Kate Bush is sexier.
   Paul Lester (November 1989 _20/20_)