Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Q: "Sand" picture

From: chrisw@miso.wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 96 02:30:11 GMT
Subject: Re: Q: "Sand" picture
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

>Hi,
>
>of Kate's record covers, I think the most fascinating one is the
>"Sand through the hands" picture, found on "The Sensual World" single
>and the "Aspects of..." EP. When I saw it for the first time, I had
>a strange feeling that I've seen something like this before...
>
>Does anybody know if it was inspired by a classical painting or
>film? Or is it Kate's answer to Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" comic?
>
>On various web sites I've seen two more pictures that are probably
>from the same photo session: on one She's holding a peach, on the other
>some pebbles (<- but I've forgotten where I found this one).
>Where were these published originally? Are there any more?

   IMO, the images are related. Soil, blossom, fruit. If you have seen an
image of seeds, that could well fit in.

   Soil="The Sensual World" single
   Seeds=?
   Blossom=promotional picture in music magazines
   Fruit="The Sensual World" album

   Also, the items could be connected to different senses; soil=touch,
blossom=smell, fruit=taste.