Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KATE BUSH - HER NEW (GAELIC) SONG - Addendum

From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 18:09:19 -0100
Subject: KATE BUSH - HER NEW (GAELIC) SONG - Addendum
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

The Translation:

I cross-posted the song-FAQ to "jitr" the SO-list and
Carolyn Andre <candre@MCS.NET> replied:

===============
the inlay booklet notes on Sue McKeown's current album, "BONES", show the
following:

The women of Erin (Extract)
There's a woman in Erin who'd give me shelter and my fill of ale
There's a woman in Erin who'd prefer my strains to strings being played
There's a woman in Erin and nothing would please her more
than to see me burning or in a grave lying cold.

What we have so far is very possibly not the whole thing. Anyone with access
to a library with a wide selection of Irish poetry?

Best wishes
    Wieland