Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: It's official

From: chrisw@miso.wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 96 00:35:56 GMT
Subject: Re: It's official
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

>>From the Guinness Book of Rock Stars, under Kate Bush (aren't we all?), in a
>>paragraph outlining the "Tour of Life":
>
>>"Exhausted by the experience, Bush will not tour again."
>
>> So now we know.
>
>Also from an interview in the Toronto Sun? Star? quoted in the Calgary Herald
>back sometime in November 1993:  "I don't think I'll ever tour again."

   I'll still hold out some hope. The list of people who were to "never tour
again" who have never-the-less toured is impressive. The past several years
have brought Barbara Streisand, Steely Dan and the Eagles back on stage.

   I'll stick by my source on the Novercia interest in the Chicago Theater
back in 1990 for a "Sensual World" tour. Kate *did* purchase two additional
Fairlight Series II's for "...touring purposes". It's *not* that hard to tour.
She just needs two things - a real manager to kick her in the ass and
a professional managment team to get the whole thing together. The
main reason she hasn't toured is that booking a tour is no business
for amatuers.

--
Chris Williams of
Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago