Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sensitive Men

From: MCQUARRF@ucfv.bc.ca
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 14:10:01 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Sensitive Men
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
CC: MCQUARRF@ucfv.bc.ca
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Re Michael's post on "This Woman's work":

Michael, that was a lovely post. Don't worry about trying to be macho or, on
the other end of it, a wussy boy. You sound like a good person and that is what
counts.

The song that does it to me is "Love and Anger" - I always choke up when I hear
it. Kate has said that she doesn't know exactly what the song is about.
Consciously and logically that may be true, but I think it is a *perfect*
description of a difficult relationship where you have some sort of bond with
the other person but there are other circumstances keeping you apart. You have
the love, but you also have the anger around not being able to be together,
and, maybe, against the other person for getting you in this mess in the first
place!
So much of this song seems to speak to that - not being able to speak about
these feelings, the paradox of being together (like the two strings) but being
apart and wondering what you would do without the other person....

it might not make sense to Kate, but it makes sense to me :)

Cheers, Fiona