Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Giant KaTe Symbols appear

From: Mandy Heath <mbrx5ajh@stud.man.ac.uk>
Date: 1 Mar 1996 09:33:41 GMT
Subject: Re: Giant KaTe Symbols appear
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

evans@rd.bbc.co.uk (Richard Evans) wrote:
>Allen Anderson (aanderson@ppg01.sc.hp.com) wrote:
>: We had a couple of pranks at my old high school involving large symbols
>: appearing on the lawn.  No one found out who put the giant ZoSo out there
>: until the night of graduation, when my buddies Nick and Ben admitted to
>: creative use of a saline solution.  It was quite the mystery for a while.
>
>: I've always thought that the ideal similar prank would involve the KaTe
>: symbol.  Now, all I need to do is find the perfect spot...
>
>In a field, on a hill about half a mile away from a major road.
>Preferably on a bend.
>Sow flower seeds in the right pattern and wait until Spring.
>
>Night Scented Stock would sadly not be the best choice...
>
>richard
 Well, it's funny you should mention that. About a year and a half ago, a
friend and I was up on Haworth Moor in Yorkshire, and we decided to build
a KT sign on the hillside next to Top Withins (the farmhouse which has
been linked with Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights). There was a lot of
stone lying around which had once been part of the farmhouse, and we
pieced together the KT.
When I went back there five months later most of the stones which made up
the KT had been removed, but the image was still clearly visible, vividly
marked into the hillside in light green!