Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Unusual place to hear Kate

From: mikael.jakonen@mailbox.swipnet.se (Mikael Jakonen)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 06:23:54 +0100
Subject: Re: Unusual place to hear Kate
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

nudeadguy@aol.com (NudeAdGuy) wrote:

>A few years ago, a friend of mine was taken to a bar in Charlotte, NC
>where they had a karaoke machine. Since they knew she sang, my friend was
>egged on to try a song or two.

and

>Has anybody else encountered Karaoke Kate?

Yes!
On the passenger liners between Sweden and Finland (Silja Line,
but I wouldn't be surprised if Wiking Line had the same tracks).
Last time I made a trip to Helsinki they had Wuthering Heights
and Babooshka.

Neither of the two songs fits with a male voice so I passed. ;-)

Music is like vintage wine. It keeps getting better over the years,
if those who made it knew how to make it right...

Mikael Jakonen
                                            mikael.jakonen@mailbox.swipnet.se
                                                   a94mikja@ida.his.se