Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Questions answered/Demo CD

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 96 16:40:40 +0100
Subject: Re: Questions answered/Demo CD
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi Violet,

here's a little belated "Happy Birthday!"

> [...] But I suppose I will be the
> only one to celebrate "Violetmass" hunh? ;)

if only we'd have known earlier ...    :-)

> For years, I had copies made from the LP and EP versions of the demos.
> They were muffled and scratchy.  Then, I made a copy directly from a
> CD and the sound was fantastic!  So much clearer than I would have
> even hoped for.  I wonder why your friend's CD was so bad.  Hmmm....

maybe it's same CD as mine, "Cathy's Home Demos" by "Blue Moon Records",
which has indeed incredible bad sound quality, like made from a tape
someone made from an LP someone made from the EPs...
(add 3 or more generations of tape for the "studio out-takes" part of it).
Mostly i can only watch and wonder when you're discussing the lyrics.

Do you remember the name or manufacturer of the CD you copied?
(Wieland once mentioned a bootleg named "Alone at my piano" by "Ukinel"
that has better sound quality)

Rolf