Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Skip this if you like Kate and Tori , both

From: qualmi@ix.netcom.com (NightEyes)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 08:52:00 GMT
Subject: Re: Skip this if you like Kate and Tori , both
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Dear friends,

	It took me a few years to like Tori, and that was primarily due to my
friends pressured attempts to "make" me like her <wink>. At first I
felt she was ripping off KaTe, but upon further listenings I found
myself enjoying her of my own accord. The more I learned about and
heard of Tori the less parallels I drew between Tori and KaTe. Now to
me the two hold no similarities, other than both being strong and
talented musicians with a penchant for piano.

	We are each entitled to our opinions, though, and it's apparent
opinions run particularly deep on this subject. I often wonder why
people say things they know will offend or possibly hurt others. I
understand offering an opinion, and possibly a contraversial one, but
when it comes to posting something with the distinct knowledge that it
will probably hurt someone is interesting to me.I'm not advocating
cencorship by any means, merely self-restraint, and common courtesy. I
remember being on AOL and observing the constant flame wars between
the Kate and Tori folders. It left me wondering why people do such
silly things to each other. It's easy to forget a human being is
lurking behind each post. But it's wise to bear that in mind. >;-)

~ NightEyes

"Some things must be believed to be seen."