Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: China

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@dispatch.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 10:09:55 -0500
Subject: Re: China
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

On 28 Feb 96 15:23:54 +1100 engjs@cc.newcastle.edu.au (James Smith) wrote:

...the trains run on time....

Oh, I just love the train sounds at the end of _Cloudbusting_ I think it is the
perfect touch. And I remember reading in an interview that they were sort of a
cover up effort. The song jsut sort of petered out and they didn't know what to
do with it, so they kept trying different things and finally hit upon the train.

But what does this have to do with Tori Amos' _China_? Or even Slick and
Kantner's _China_?

Stu

--
scasterg@dispatch.com == Stuart M. Castergine        |              ---
All young gentle dreams drowning                     | "Mmm, yes."   |/