Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: china

From: cbullard@HiWAAY.net (Len Bullard)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 16:58:40 -0600
Subject: Re: china
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

<Stu The WooMeister>

>Gee, I like China OK, but it's not my favorite Tori Amos song,
>and I don't think it ranks up there with Kate's stuff.

Nah!  It's a tune from an old Paul Kantner and Grace Slick
album:  post-Airplane and "Blows Against the Empire".  They
celebrate the birth of their daughter whom they originally named
"god" with a little "g" so she wouldn't get the BigHead.  They
changed it later to china and recorded the song.  In
revenge, when the little piker grew up, she wouldn't let
her Ma take her to school because Gracie "weirded out"
china's schoolmates.

But you're right!  Not even on a BadKate Day would this
song rate the attention it's getting here.

gotta get the faxStrait!

Len the FooWearer