Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "And So I Love" CD singles (query).

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 96 00:41:47 +0100
Subject: Re: "And So I Love" CD singles (query).
To: rolando@system.abacom.it (Rolando Michelazzi)
cc: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi Rolando!

> This is my first message to the list.

Welcome!

> I am 42 years old and I love Kate music since "Wuthering Heights" release.

Good choice! ;-)

> I have a query about "And So I Love" single:
> I own a CD single (cat.CDEMS 355) that includes the title track plus
> Rubberband Girl(US mix) and Eat The Music (US mix) but I believe there is
> another version (cat.CDEM 355?). Can anyone give me more details?

There are several CD singles for And So Is Love.

First, there's a Canadian promo-only CD single which holds only this one
track. Catalog number is EMI DPRO 855. It comes in a thick jewel case and
uses a photo I've not seen elsewhere ;-).

Second, there is the CD single from England in a thin jewel pack. Its
catalog number is CDEM 355. It contains And So Is Love, a 3:50 long
"US mix" of Rubberband Girl, and the US mix of Eat The Music (9:22).
The non-UK (i.e. European) catalog number of this item is 7243 8 81792 2 5.
This single is not a limited edition.

Third, there's a CD with the same track listing as the second one, which
comes in a thick jewel case, which comes with three art prints from
The Line, The Cross & The Curve, which is a limited edition, which is also
from the UK, and which has the catalog numbers CDEMS 355 and 7243 8 81791 2 6.

Actually, the limited edition could be found more easily than the non-limited
edition, which seems a bit paradox but isn't. Demand just wasn't that high
for the single, so EMI offered to deliver more of the non-limited one but
noone wanted it.

To complete the list, there's also a 7" picture disc with And So Is Love
and the US mix of Rubberband Girl which comes in a 12" plastic bag also
containing a giant 40" x 60" poster. This is also limited and comes in
a numbered and an unnumbered edition. Catalog numbers (for both variants)
are 7243 8 81791 7 1 and EMPD 355.

Finally, there's also a Cassingle with the same track listing as the 7"'s,
though it repeats the stuff on side 2 (as usual on cassingles). Catalog
numbers are 7243 8 81791 4 0 and TCEM 355.

> I've searched informations on Kate's Web sites, but the discographies are
> out of date.

I know I know, I just don't have that much time to get the discography into
a state to be relesaed. It'll be done. If anyone wants a prelim. copy, I can
mail it to you. Be warned that it's a half-megabyte text file.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]