Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Re : Demos again!

From: nbuchwa1@ix.netcom.com (Norman Buchwald)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 06:13:28 GMT
Subject: Re: Re : Demos again!
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

lombaeg@mail.interpac.be (Emmy May Lombaerts) wrote:

>Esther <E.L.Brookfield@mmu.ac.uk> wrote:

>>What is the origin of the covers of 'Long and Winding Rd' and 'Shes
>>leaving home'?

>          They were performed at a festival in Japan, way back in 1979 I
>believe, where Kate also picked up the award of best single for 'Moving'

>>The live version of Don't Give Up is fantastic. I presume its from
>>the Peter Gabriel Earls Court concerts of 1987. My elder brother went
>>and said that everyone went crazy as she walked out on stage, its
>>nice to be able to hear the crowds surprised delight!

I got the impression from the demo it was a surprise appearance on her
part.  That's the special treat of it all, I think.  Makes me wish I
was there, not expecting and there she was.  What an experience that
must have been.  :)  You sure she's not coming to the Grammy's?  ;)

I do love their duet on "Another Day" as well.  That's a precious
boot.   Ever since I received a copy, that's the tune that's most been
going around in my head lately.

The Storm

We all have a dream . . . maybe?