Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Something like a bird

From: "Forward, Jonathan" <JForward@sitgbsd1.telecom.com.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 96 09:01:00 EST
Subject: RE: Something like a bird
To: "rec.music.gaffa" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Encoding: 21 TEXT
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

  >  Date: Tuesday, 23 January 1996 10:33AM

[snip]
  >  How she sings the "know"! Like "now". Sounds (to me) almost
  >  agressive, annoyed that 'he won't answer me'. Is this correct?
  >
  >  A few lines only, but what a complete thing.
  >  Best wishes
  >      Wieland

 Yes I think you're correct in your interpretation, and I believe
 also that the lyrics indicate something of the singer's feelings.
 The Garden lists the lyrics as "I've called him by every name I
 know, By every name I know" but to me it sounds more like "I've
 called him every name I know, By every name I know". In my case
 calling someone every name I know would mean I was very angry
 with that person, although Kate's tone reflects impatience and
 frustration rather than outright anger.

TSB