Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Whole Story

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 23:30:52 -0800
Subject: The Whole Story
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi -

On the advice of a fellow Lovehound (Hi, Stu!), here's a
rundown of all the pages I just reviewed:

(Note to Uli:  Feel free to cut 'n' paste this into the FAQ,
replacing the current "WWW Pages" section)

The Very First Page to Visit:

The Ultimate Band List's page on Kate:

http://american.recordings.com/WWWoM/cgi-bin/ubl?card+1032

(Part of the excellent Ultimate Band List, which you should
definately bookmark:

http://198.147.111.1/WWWoM/ubl/ubl.shtml)

Note:  Within each category, titles are in alphabetical order.

Top-Notch Bookmark These And Come Back Often Pages:

Cloudbusting:
http://scott.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/~rjc/hyper_cloud/cloudbusting.html
Main Features:  Ron Hill's "Cloudbusting" in a great hypertext format
Also:  Lots of other resources for the Serious KateFan(tm)

David Benson's Kate Page:
http://www.acy.digex.net/~dobenson/kate.html
Main Features:  Some of the BEST photos of Kate I've EVER seen

Really Great Must-See Pages:

The Garden:
http://remus.rutgers.edu/~woj/garden/index.html
Main Feature:
IED's stunning E-text, "The Garden", in an HTML format
Drawback:  Still heavily under construction

Kate Bush Musical Extraveganza:
http://actor.cs.vt.edu/~wentz/index.html
Main Feature:  Digitized KateSongs
Drawback:  Not much else (but good links, so it's not really needed)

Kate Bush Page:
http://www.io.org/~samurai/kate.htm
Main Feature:  VERY nice layout, nicely formatted lyrics
Drawbacks:  None, really.

Lionheart:
http://136.169.23.78/Lionheart.html
Main Feature:  Lots of lyrics, Lots of images, Lots of other nice stuff
Drawback:  Slow from my California home.  But that's MY problem,
isn't it?

Under the Ivy:
http://area51.upsu.plym.ac.uk/~garrick/kate_bush.html
Main Feature: Nice scans from Top of the Pops,
Info about Homeground and Gatherings of KateFans:
Drawbacks: Again, there really aren't any.

See These Pages When You Have the Time:

Experiment IV:
http://www.aitec.edu.au/ExpIV/
Main Feature:  Nice layout of stuff that's going to come "Real Soon Now"
Drawback:  Page is all excited about "Kate's soon-to-be released album,
'Never For Ever'."

Sony's "Official" Kate Page:
http://www.music.sony.com/Music/ArtistInfo/KateBush.html
Main Feature:
Three interesting gif's.
Drawback:  Sony put as much effort into this as they have all of
their Kate publicity:  Very little.

Minor Kate Pages:
(They may be tiny, but they're mostly worth seeing)

The Illustrated Guide to Kate Bush:
http://www.icom.ca/cgpinc/kate.htm

The Lovehounds T-shirt Page:
http://www.chaco.com/~stev0/lhshirt.html

Music Kate Did for Fruitopia Commercials:
http://www.click3x.com/spots/fruitopia.html
http://www.click3x.com/spots/fruitopia95.html

Releases from The Red Shoes:
http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~st/kt93.txt

--
Obligitory Yahoo Link
http://www.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Music/Artists/Bush__Kate/

Also, I just found this:
http://www.charm.net/~totoro/kate.html
An index to various KateSights.  If you don't like the genericness
of the Ultimate Band List, this is a great place to start.
Note:  Click ON the Rose.  For you imagemap haters out there,
go directly to
http://www.charm.net:80/~totoro/katelink.html

- Stev0 the Katespotter

A "waste of electrons"