Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This women's work CD.

From: nsxxx@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu
Date: 20 Jan 1996 05:28:16 GMT
Subject: Re: This women's work CD.
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

psw@tauon.ph.unimelb.edu.au (Paul Weiser) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> 	(be kind as I'm de-lurking)
>
> I have a question. I just picked up a copy of a KT CD. All it has
> on the front cover is the KT symbol and II.
>
> The song list is as follows:
> 	1. I'm still waiting
> 	2. Ken
> 	3. One last look around the house before we go...
> 	4. Wuthering Heights (new vocal)
> 	5. Experiment IV
> 	6. Them heavy people
> 	7. Don't push your foot on the heartbrake
> 	8. James and the cold gun
> 	9. L'Amour looks something like you
> 	10. Running up that hill
> 	11. Cloudbusting (the Organon mix)
> 	12. Hounds of love (alternative)
> 	13. The big sky (meteorological mix)
> 	14. Experiment IV (12" mix)
>
> it is simply entitled "This women's work"
>
> Is this a CD which has been taken from the Box Set "this women's work"
> or is it something new. (there are no "not for separate sale" etc...
> labels on the box or the CD itself)

It sounds like it was taken from a box set -- though I don't know who'd
part with one of the two CDs found ONLY in the box set -- all others can
be bought anywhere and separately.

There are bootlegs of this CD, but they contain an 'extra' track --
'Rubberband Girl.' (The bootleg of the other CD, TWW I, contains extra
tracks of 'Rocket Man' and 'Candle in The Wind'). As you listed no extra
tracks, I think this is the real thing. Could you post the spine #? Is
there a little numeral 8 in a circle anywhere on the spine?

Robb