Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Rolfs Question/Secret Messages..

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 95 20:16:49 +0100
Subject: Re: Rolfs Question/Secret Messages..
To: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
cc: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Wieland answered Rolf:
> This is a good one, Rolf.
> I hear: "enstehrich nooooohhr"
> stressed on stehhr (like 'stereo')
>
> No idea, neither German nor English.
>
> my 'Tesaurus' would probably give me something like:
> "und steh ich noooch..."  ("still standin..")

Ok, sounds not too wrong, and definitely better than a repetition of
"Es schmeckt wunderbar". Especially the part "steh' ich" sounds
convincing. "noch" (still) might be "nur" (yet), but that wouldn't
make sense. And "und" isn't too sure either. But "steh' ich" sounds
good.

> I think, Uli is definitely wrong with his statement, that it's
> "Es schmeckt wunderbar " again! Uli! NEVER! How can you say this?
> The first time she pronounced it quite good, but this mysterious line is
> completely different! I don't know, what it is, but definitely not "Es
> schmeckt wunderbar "!
> (if you're right on this one Uli, I pay you a Sixpack!)

But I don't like beer! ;-)

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]