Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate and touring

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk (Neil Calton)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 10:22:08 +0000
Subject: Kate and touring
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

>From: chrisw@miso.wwa.com (Chris Williams)
>Date: Fri, 24 Nov 95 04:28:08 GMT
>   Here's *one* place where Kate could take a page from Tori's book. All
>Kate needs is a piano. Forget all the other stuff. Sure I'd love to see
>a complete show with bands, but can you imagine the number of people that
>she'd have to bring if she was wanting to cover her biggest songs?

I couldn't agree more. I have thought for ages that it would be
a much better idea for Kate to aim for something simple when
she next tours. Basing the show around her at a piano is the most
obvious answer. She might want to take a small band just to give
her fingers a rest and maybe do a few numbers with some dancing
but I certainly would not expect to see her prancing around stage for
a couple of hours and dozens of musicians, singers and dancers
around her.

Perhaps Kate thinks her fans would not be satisfied with such a "static"
show. In which case we ought to try and convince her via letters
to the KBC and Homeground that we would love to see her perform
in her way she thinks appropriate. I know I would not have difficulty
in coming up with a list of songs that would be perfect for such a
"piano-based" tour. So lets hear it for the piano tour!

Neil
--

Neil Calton                                       INTERNET:  nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Computing & Information           JANET:     nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk