Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

HOTFP: Little Light

From: cbullard@HiWAAY.net (Len Bullard)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 1995 22:48:00 -0600
Subject: HOTFP: Little Light
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

>On Fri, 10 Nov 1995, Len Bullard wrote:

> KK:  "What ARE you on?"
>
> diet ginger ale.  it tastes like the real thing
> and keeps the diabetes in check.

[   Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan  ]

| Please continue to watch this.  I lost my best friend to diabetes a
| bit less than a year ago.  She took one too many chances.

|          It's always Dark.  Light only hides the Darkness.

I grieve for you.  I too lost one that way.  Our first
lead guitarist was a fine guy and left too early,
just before we got the tools.  He lead us through
grand adventures in a lot of halls, and we have the whiskered
tracks to prove it.  I miss him these ten years past.  I miss
his harmony and I miss his laugh.  But he made a musician
of me and that I still have to celebrate his life.  Love ya, Kev.

Thanks much for the genuine concern, Daniel.  Most kind of you.
Diabetes crept up at midlife with my reading glasses
although my family is heir to it.  The wife keeps after me.
Of late, she is only concerned because of the nights
I spend working on the Kate VRML World with Rob
Geiger, a great dude and KateFan in Anchorage.

Much to do.  Much.

Isn't it wonderful?  Rob,  Lance, Andy, Dave Benson
and all of you who have pointed to material we can use.
All we share is this network and love of Kate's work, and a
curiosity about what can be done with it all.  So I'm
putting in some long hours in front of this 'droid doing
what I've wanted to do for over a decade when I first
heard that sweet voice singing, "If I only could, I'd
make a Deal with God", and it all made sense again,
a voice that picked me up where the Beatles had
left me soo long ago, beautiful eyes, a kindness that
looked out from the screen and seemed to say,

"it's OK.  Love what ya love.  Love forever."

We need heros, people to admire.  Courage from
strangers, and a little fantasy for the long night,
are all in all, just a bit of madness and song for the
boneweary emotions of aging children.

Just a "little light, shining... my face is all lit up."

Maybe KateKnight, my passion overruns my good taste,
or good sense or education.  But it feels right, and somehow,
I think that's what I need.  I enjoyed your poem.  More of that.

We're hard at work and will have a beginning for you
soon now.  You will need a copy of Netscape 2.0 and
the WebFX viewer.  Get them from www.paperinc.com
and tell 'em Len sent ya.  A whole lotta people all over
this Garden we call Earth are sitting up nights working
hard to make it possible for everyone to play, from the
guys who write the software, the people who send the
photos and keep up the homepage, to me.   My
service provider says, "if it's pretty, you can have the space
on the machines."  Most kind, isn't it?

Love what ya love.  It's easy.  It's right. It finds a way.

Thanks again Daniel, for a kind word.  Voices from the silence,
mean a lot.  You are a Light in the Darkness.   Until
you shine no more, there's always a star, goodfellow.
Shine on for her, the friend who shined once for you.

Perhaps that little light shines for them now.

len

ps:  my first born's name is daniel.  He plays piano.