Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MARMITE (Little) JACK (Horner) POT

From: Norman Buchwald <jbuchwald@huey.csun.edu>
Date: 13 Nov 1995 00:51:06 GMT
Subject: Re: MARMITE (Little) JACK (Horner) POT
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

103042.307@CompuServe.COM (KateKnight) wrote:

>     Enough already with this "marmite" psychedelia! Humans
>EVOLVED into meat-eaters. We are the dominant life form on the
>planet. Until another more advanced species comes along to eat
>US, I suggest all you veggie-heads go back to reading your frayed
>copy of "Ecotopia" and leave the rest of us Homo sapiens alone!
>
>--
>"Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted."

Uh . . . I'm a meat eater myself, but the vegetarians and vegans have a
point or two.  Dairy products are not easily digestable.  Nor is red
meat.  (In comparison to other foods).   In the U.S.A. we end up using so
much energy just to produce meat, making it expensive and costly and
wasteful for our environment.  Of course, the problem is mainly that a
lot of us eat too much red meat (which explains our often high
cholesterol). The whole discussion about marmite began with a discussion
about what Kate is supposed to have said about her diet in a past
interview.

I mean, yes, I did have a vegan roommate once, who would deliberately
make faces or sounds whenever I wanted to eat a hamburger, and that's not
nice.  But that's hardly what's going on here.  (Those who are vegans do
have to focus very highly on their nutritional balance, though, but they
can stay healthy and live happy lives with such a diet if they so wish).
 I do not buy the argument that humans are really, by their nature,
vegetarians, but I think all of us would benefit health-wise and
enviro-wise if we were all part-time vegetarians at least.

                                                        Stormin' Norman

                                         We all have a dream. . . maybe?