Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: I LOVE LAURIE!!!

From: Norman Buchwald <jbuchwald@huey.csun.edu>
Date: 13 Nov 1995 00:43:09 GMT
Subject: Re: I LOVE LAURIE!!!
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

"Simon Thibault" <STHIBAULT@cat.ustanne.ns.ca> wrote:
>No you're not the only one who loves Laurie Anderson. I find it odd
>that she isn't mentioned very much on this list since she was on the
>same album as Kate singing with Peter Gabriel (i.e- So).  I think
>that she is one if the most innovative users of multi-media and the
>like.  And you are right, Language is a virus, but William S.
>Burroughs turned it into a hallucinogenic....
>
>Simon

Okay.  I need help.  I only know "Oh Superman" and as interesting as it
is, I'm tempted to say "So what?"  Like a metafictional piece that does
not need to be read again (and not something wowing me as far as
technique goes like Robert Coover's fiction).  So I ask you all.  Could
you give me examples of some lyrics she does, some clever twists, and
what's her best album?  I'll at least print your results and file them
away, if anything.  Then again, who knows?  I may even buy an album if
there's really a lot good stuff going on with her.

                                                        Stormin' Norman

                                         We all have a dream. . . maybe?