Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

East Wickham Photos

From: Lance Day <lday@access.digex.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 15:38:28 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: East Wickham Photos
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Cc: cbullard@HiWAAY.net

In <a digest> cbullard@HiWAAY.net (Len Bullard) wote:

<some text deleted>

> BTW, anyone out there that has photos of East Wickham that they are
> willing to scan and send to us could really help out.

I'm not sure if I have what you're looking for, but I've scanned
a few of the photos I have and put them on my web page which can
be found at 'http://www.access.digex.net/~lday'.

These were all taken in August last year ('94) while my company
(yes, the whole company) was on a business trip to the parent
company in the UK.

(Mind you, the 'whole company' at that point was represented by myself
and two of the guys in one of the photos.  Jason, the one wearing the
orange Bjork t-shirt (of all things!) wasn't with the company;
he just came along for the beer!)

The photos themselves are very sharp and clear, despite what the scans
look like.  I just got the scanner (a cheap one at that) and haven't
quite figured out how to get the best results from it yet, so give
me some Slack, please.

Anyway, one of the things that I thought very odd (and failed to
photograph) was the presence of round, black charred areas along the
path leading up to the fence on the back side of the farm.

At first, we dismissed the idea that ordinary fires had been set there,
knowing instead that they were the remains of Kate-fans that had
spontaneously burst into flames from the sheer excitement of being so
close to where Kate had been.

After some reflection however, I'm glad that Kate herself wasn't in
residence on the day we came to slink around her back gate.

I've come to the conclusion that the aforementioned Kate-fans had been
dealt a far more sinister fate.

You see, as it turns out, in the shed by the house where the Cloudbusting
machine is kept, there's also another, more nefarious contraption:
The FanBusting Machine...

Regards,
Lance
lday@access.digex.net